Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Craft Beer-Inspired Spring Wreath Tutorial

Like any self-respecting Coloradoan, I am a full-fledged beer enthusiast. My husband & I love going to breweries, especially during the Spring & Summer months after a long day of hiking or fishing. We even brew our own beer...well, Grant does. I mostly just sit there & enjoy those amazing mash-boil aromas ;) So the inspiration behind today's tutorial was an inevitable one. Within the past 2 years as the craft brewery industry has exploded, I began to notice that craft stores were starting to carry variations of hop plants - a key ingredient in most if not all beers. The second I saw one I knew I had to incorporate it into some type of decor for my home. I mean, what could encompass my personality/interests more than combining my love for crafting with beer?? Needless to say this tutorial has been years in the making & I'm excited to show you what I've come up with. In fact, so excited that I actually filmed a tutorial on this & put it on my new YouTube Channel!!! I will insert the video here >> https://youtu.be/YFkrSZOUmAs
You have the option of either watching the tutorial in a video format, or reading through it here on my blog. Lets get started! You will need the following materials:
Flowers purchased at Michael's. All were 40%-60% off IN ADDITION TO a 20% off everything including sale item coupon. WINNING!!!
 You know the drill - simply take each flower & start trimming. Leave 1/2 an inch to 1 inch of stem so that you can insert each piece within the grapevine securely.

Next is placement. I tend to go in a pattern when placing the flowers, which you can tell in the image below. It makes it more fluid & put together.

Once you have filled your wreath, go back & fill in addition spares areas. This will make your wreath look more full & lush. It will also give the illusion of a bigger wreath.
With spares areas
Spares areas filled in
From here, glue each piece at the top-base of each stem & you are done! Here are some close-ups for more detail:

 
 I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial! It's the perfect amount of soft, subtle color to add inside or outside your home! Please subscribe & check out my Youtube video on this tutorial -  https://youtu.be/YFkrSZOUmAs - Your support is greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment