Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Classic Fall Wreath Tutorial


Sometimes those artificial Fall flowers you see in stores can be too over-saturated with color. Bright oranges, yellows, and reds can come off a little cheap & tacky looking. To avoid this, I incorporated creams and beiges with subtle hints of earth-toned reds, yellows, and browns into my entryway wreath this year. I love how it turned out! It's humble rather than overstated - making a statement without screaming loudly with color ;) And it cost me no more than $10!!

You will need the following materials:
Wire Cutters
 Grapevine Wreath
High Temp Glue Gun
Twine
Flowers
Small Pine Cones

What inspired this was this branch piece I found at Hobby Lobby. It was something I had never seen before & I loved how soft and earthy it looked.
Cut & apply as shown:
 These flowers from Michael's go along perfectly with the branch piece we just used! I love that the beige color is concentrated on the inside and fades out to an autumnal cream color.
Michaels: $1.29 for 3 flowers in one set - purchased 2 sets
 Apply in-between the branch pieces, as shown:

For reference, I cut each piece at about this length:


 Now for pops of color. I love the brown/brick/terra cotta color of this flower stem. Plus, the tiny flowers are so adorable! It adds color and texture without overshadowing the other parts of the wreath
Hobby Lobby: $3.99 Full Price, $1.99 Sale Price
Apply as shown:


I wanted to incorporate red & yellow into the mix as well.
Dollar Store: $1.00
Hobby Lobby: $3.99 Full Price, $1.99 Sale Price
 Place, as shown:


 Add some small pine cones throughout, secure with your glue gun, and you are done!

Close-ups:



No comments:

Post a Comment