Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

DIY Christmas Shelf Wreath


My staircase shelf was seriously lacking some holiday spirit. I didn't want to buy anything new (I dread going to the shops during the holiday season), and per my usual style I wanted to create something myself. When I realized I had so much leftover material from my Craft Beer-Inspired Christmas Wreath I decided to make another wreath, but with a twist.

You will need the following materials:
The majority of the items on the left were leftover pieces I've had for years now. I newly purchased the 4 items on the right from Hobby Lobby - Bauble stems: $0.77 each | Wreath $2.50 | Bronze pine cones: $0.50 | Evergreen stem: $1.00
These were the leftover materials I used from my Craft Beer-Inspired Christmas Wreath (shown new). 2 Evergreen stems on left: $3.99 each - Michael's | Evergreen stem on right: $2.50 - Hobby Lobby | Glittery hop stems: $0.75 each - Michael's
Taking wire cutters, place as shown:
Add your glittery & colorful pieces. Secure everything using a hot glue gun.

Add accent pieces...
 ...and you are done!

No shelf space? No problem - this can be used as wall decor too!

No comments:

Post a Comment