Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2015

Craft Beer-Inspired Christmas Wreath Tutorial

Being a self-proclaimed craft beer snob, when I saw that Michael's had glittery hop stems this year I immediately knew I had to incorporate them into my front door Christmas wreath. I love that they add that little something extra to your stereotypical holiday accent pieces & they are SUPER AFFORDABLE! We are talking in the cent-denomination people!! In fact, this project only cost me ~$15! + I still have material leftover for other holiday projects!
Michael's - $0.66 each. I used 4 - 3 silver and 1 gold.
I used a grapevine wreath (Hobby Lobby - $2.50) as the base, wire cutters to trim each piece off its corresponding stem, and a hot glue gun to secure everything. My placement technique is the same one I have used in all of my previous DIY wreath tutorials. I will link a video tutorial I did going in-depth on my process here >> https://youtu.be/YFkrSZOUmAs As shown in the image below, combining different colors & textures within the evergreen-color family allows each piece to compliment one another.
Left & middle - Michaels - $3.99 each. Right - Hobby Lobby - $2.50
This in combination with the bright, glittery accents prevents the overall piece from falling flat to the eye. Don't forget to add some pine cones!
All from Hobby Lobby - $0.75 each
After layering and mixing all of these materials, your wreath should look something like this:

Close-ups:

No comments:

Post a Comment