Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10 Simple & Affordable Ways To Liven Up Your Home: Fall Edition


Some people feel discouraged to decorate for a new season because it can be overwhelming & pricey. Having to change multiple areas in your home can add up quickly, especially if you don't already have a pre-existing inventory of seasonal decor in storage! On today's blog post I show you that it is possible to transition your seasonal decor for your entire home simply & inexpensively. For each of the 10 area listed below, I will show a before & after picture of how I initially styled it for Summer and then how I tweaked it to encompass Fall. 

For the most part, I used the following materials. Don't be fooled by how sparse the quantity may look. I used them as vase/container fillers in every room + had some left over to use for my front door wreath!  These were all purchased from Hobby Lobby & were 50% off! The top and last row were $2.50 each & the wheat bunches were $3.00.
 
 

I also used these $0.98 pumpkins from Wal*Mart. I was inspired by this DIY Pottery Barn Inspired Faux Pumpkins tutorial I found on Pinterest >> LINK HERE. I did tweak it slightly by dry brushing over the stripes of brown so that it was more washed out instead of intensely brown.
Before:
After:


I also linked corresponding tutorials in each section as a reference for any other materials that aren't shown above, which are all inexpensive as well! All in all, I spent no more than $30 on materials to decorate my entire house for Fall! Now that to me is a STEAL!!!

#1 Mantel
Easy DIY Floating Mantel UNDER $20!! LINK HERE!
Before:

After:
DIY Weathered Picket Fence LINK HERE! 
Simply secure Fall leaves & pine cones to a piece of twine and you have yourself a DIY Autumn banner!
Fill vases will different types of Fall leaves & twigs. Accent with a faux gourd & a decorative plate.
You can't go wrong with a rustic pumpkin placed atop a candle stand ;)

#2 Kitchen Bar
DIY Wood Flower Trough UNDER $2! LINK HERE!
Before:

After:
Simply switch out your Summer flowers for Fall ones! I love the color of these rich burgundy/brown hydrangeas.

Before:
 
After:
Mini pumpkins and gourds can be a little pricey at pumpkin patches & even the grocery store! This year I planned ahead and grew my own mini pumpkins in my backyard. A seed packet was only $0.75! The whole process is so much more gratifying - you get to decorate your home with things you harvested from your own garden! :)
Basket is from Michael's for only $2.50!
#3 Kitchen Island
Farmhouse-Inspired DIY Cutting Board LINK HERE! Before:


After:
The rustic, antique tin filled with wheat & golden mini flowers totally encompasses that farmhouse feel.

#4 Stovetop
5 Easy & Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Kitchen: Spring Edition LINK HERE! Before:

After:
Can't go wrong with some sunflowers, wheat, & a mini pumpkin!



#5 Kitchen Counter
 Before:
After:
3 Ways: Distressed Autumn Mason Jars LINK HERE!
I had so much fun creating this Halloween inspired mason jar!

#6 Bedroom Shelf
Distressing - 4 Ways: How-to Make Anything Look Antique LINK HERE! Before:

After:
How To: *Rustic Window* Using Dollar Store Picture Frames! LINK HERE!


#7 Staircase Shelf
 Before:

After:
DIY Mini-Pumpkin Patch LINK HERE!
Who doesn't love anything mini? ;) 


#8 Front Door Wreath
Classic Fall Wreath Tutorial LINK HERE!


#9 Staircase wreath 
Colorful Aspen-Inspired Fall Wreath Tutorial LINK HERE!


#10 Bathroom
Harvest-Inspired Rustic Wheat Tin - Under $10! LINK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment